UPSC CDS 2020
UPSC CDS 2020 Notification OUT! Union Public Service Commission Has Released Notification For Combine Defence Service Examination – II 2020. UPSC Invites Online Application From Degree/ Engineering Degree Holder Candidates. As Current UPSC CDS Notification, A Total of 344 Vacancy Are There. UPSC CDS Exam Online Form Accepted Until On or Before 25 August 2020. Interested & Eligible Candidates Can Apply For UPSC Jobs Before The Last Date.
UPSC Recruitment 2020
|Job Recruitment Board||Union Public Service Commission|
|Notification No.||NO.10/2020. CDS-II|
|Post||I.M.A, I.N.A, A.F.A, Officers|
|Job Location||Anywhere in India|
|Job Type||UPSC Jobs 2020|
UPSC CDS (Combined Defence Services) Examination – II 2020
UPSC Combined Defence Service Examination Notification & Apply Online Link Active on Official Website Also Mentioned Below in This Page. Those Applicants Are Eligible to Apply Who Have Complet Bachelor Degree/ Engineering Degree. Selected Candaiets Will be Posted in Anywhere in India. Candidates Can Get Complete Details About CDS Exam From This Article. The Applicants Are Requested to Read the Official Notification Carefully Before Apply.
UPSC CDS 2 2020 Exam Dates
|Last Date of Online Application||25-08-2020 06:00 PM|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (Pay by cash)
||24-08-2020 11:59 PM|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (online)||25-08-2020 06:00 PM|
|Date of Online Application withdrawn||1 to 7 – 09-2020 06:00 PM|
|Date of Exam||08-11-2020|
|Tentative Date for Result Declaration||December 2020|
UPSC Jobs Details Like Vacancy, Age Limits, Education Qualification, Application Fee, Payment Mode, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Mode of Selection, how to Apply, etc. Regarding All Information Given Below.
UPSC Vacancy 2020 Details
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||26|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) SSC Men||169|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) SSC Women||17|
UPSC CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria 2020
A candidate must be unmarried and must either be:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Minimum 20 Years
- Maximum 24 Years
- candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1997 and not later than 1st July 2002 only are eligible.
Gender & Marital Status
- For IMA—Unmarried male candidates.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates.
- For Air Force Academy— 20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2021 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 yrs. only are eligible. Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible.
|I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai||Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.|
|Indian Naval Academy||Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.|
|Air Force Academy||Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.|
- Graduates with the first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
UPSC CDS Salary/Pay Scale
- Rs 56,100/-p.m.* (Starting pay in Level 10)
Selection Process For UPSC CDS Exam
- Written examination
- Interview for intelligence and personality test
UPSC CDS Exam Pattern 2020
The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
|Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy|
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
|Admission to Officers’ Training Academy|
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only.
- The question papers of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they are allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
Penalty for Wrong Answers
- There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate. One third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- If a candidate is given more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happens to be correct and there will be the same penalty as above for that question.
- If a question is left blank i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
UPSC CDS Exam Syllabus & Standard
- The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be of Matriculation level.
- The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian University.
Written Exam Syllabus
- The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
- General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of nature which candidate should be able to answer without special study.
- Number System—Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations, addition, sub straction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions. Unitary method, time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and
- Elementary Number Theory—Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm. Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
- Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M., Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, the relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns—analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
- Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90° Values of sin ×, cos × and tan ×, for × = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90°
- Simple trigonometric identities.
- Use of trigonometric tables.
- Simple cases of heights and distances.
- Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point, (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.
- Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
- Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.
Intelligence & Personality Test
The SSB procedure consists of a two-stage Selection process – stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II. The details are:-
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception* Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on the combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days. The details of these tests are given on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
The personality of a candidate is assessed by three different assessors viz. The Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist. There is no separate weightage for each test. The marks are allotted by assessors only after taking into consideration the performance of the candidate holistically in all the test. In addition, marks for Conference are also allotted based on the initial performance of the Candidate in the three techniques and decision of the Board. All these have equal weightage.
UPSC CDS Online Form Application Fee
- Candidates Are Required to Pay a Fee of Rs. 200/-
- Female/SC/ST candidates: No Fee
- Payment Mode: Online/ Offline (Pay by Cash)
- Offline (Pay by Cash): Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay in-slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. “Pay by Cash” mode option will be deactivated at 11:59 PM of 24.08.2020
- Online: by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
How to UPSC CDS Apply Online 2020 ?
- The Candidates Should Visit Official Website @ https://www.upsconline.nic.in
- Next, Find & Click on ”Online Application For Various Examination of UPSC” on the Main Screen.
- Now, Look CDS (Combined Defence Services Examination – II) Exam Code.
- Now Complete Part-I & II Registration.
- Fill up Application Form Details Like Personal Details Education Details, Address, etc
- After Fill up Application Detail Click on Continue Button
- Now Pay Application Fee Through Online or Offline.
- Then Upload Photo, Sign & Photo Identity Card.
- Last, Submit the Application Form & Download or Take a Printout.
UPSC Important Links
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Official Website||Check Here|
|Get Free Govt Job Alert On Mobile||Telegram | Facebook | Email|
Centres of Examination
UPSC CDS Admit Card
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination.
- The e-Admit Card will be made available in the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates.
- No Admit Card will be sent by post. For downloading the e-Admit Card the candidate must have his/her vital parameters like RID & Date of Birth or Roll No. (if received) & date of birth or name, Father’s name & Date of Birth available with him/her.
- If a candidate does not receive his/her e-Admit Card or any other communication regarding his/her candidature for the examination three weeks before the commencement of the examination, he/she should at once contact the Commission. Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s Office either in person or over phone Nos. 011-23381125/011-23385271/011- 23098543.
- In case no communication is received in the Commission’s Office from the candidate regarding non-receipt of his/her e-Admit Card at least 3 weeks before the examination, he/she himself/herself will be solely responsible for non-receipt of his/her e-Admit Card.
- No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the examination unless he/she holds an e-Admit Card for the examination.
We Hope That the Information About UPSC CDS (Combined Defence Services) Examination – II 2020 Given Above on this Page is Very Useful For You. Candidates Can Visit the Official Website For more details about the UPSC Jobs 2020. Also, Admit Card, Merit List, Selection List, Result, etc. It will be published on the official website. Visit Our Website www.freegovtjobalert.in Regularly To Easily Get The Latest Job Updates.
UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination – II 2020 FAQs
Q.How can I apply CDS Exam 2020?
Q.Who are eligible for CDS exam?
Q.What is salary of CDS officer?
Q. Can female apply for CDS?
Q.What is CDS age limit?
Q.What is the last date to apply for UPSC CDS – II 2020?
Q.How many Vacancies are there For UPSC Jobs?
Q.What is the Selection Process of the UPSC CDS Vacancy 2020?
2.Interview for intelligence and personality test