Tripura Civil & Police Exam Syllabus 2020: Tripura Civil Service, Grade-II & Tripura Police Service, Grade-II Exam Syllabus 2020 Is Here With PDF File.
TPSC Recruitment 2020
|Job Recruitment Board||Tripura Public Service Commission|
|Notification No.||Advt. No. 03/2020|
|Post||T.C.S & T.P.S Grade – II|
|Job Type||State Govt Jobs|
Tripura Civil & Police Exam Syllabus 2020
The Preliminary Examination will consist of only one paper viz. a paper on “General Studies”. The paper will be of an Objective Type consisting of 200 Multiple- Choice Question. The paper will carry 200 marks and will be of Two and a half (2½) hours duration. The standard of the paper will be of the level of knowledge as expected of a graduate of any faculty of the recognized University. The paper will include questions covering the following field of knowledge:
- (i) English Composition – 30 marks
- (ii) General Knowledge & Current Events Of Local, National & International Importance. – 30 marks
- (iii) History of Modern India and Indian National Movement for the period 1857 to 1947. – 20 marks
- (iv) Geography of India – 20 marks
- (v) Geography, History & Culture of Tripura – 15 marks
- (vi) Indian Polity and Economy – 25 marks
- (vii) General Science and Environment – 25 marks
- (viii) General Mental Ability – 20 marks
- (ix) Numerical Ability – 15 marks
Purpose of Preliminary Examination:-
The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only for the purpose of selection of candidates for the Main Examination. The marks obtained in this examination by the candidates will not be considered for final selection. Only those candidates who will be declared qualified at the Preliminary Examination will be eligible for admission to the TCS and TPS Main Examination.
Syllabi for Preliminary Examination:-
English Composition: –
- Question on English Composition will cover Synonyms, Antonyms, use of common Phrase & Idioms., use of appropriate Prepositions and Articles, Comprehension, Ordering of words in a sentence, Ordering of sentences, spotting of errors, use of appropriate and qualifying words etc.
History of Modern India & Indian National Movement for the period 1857 to 1947: –
- In History, emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its Social, Economic and Political aspects. Questions on the Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the Nineteenth Century resurgence, growth of Nationalism and attainment of Independence.
Geography of India: –
- Question on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of the country including the main features of Indian Agriculture and Natural Resources.
Geography, History & Culture of Tripura:-
- In Geography of Tripura, emphasis will be on its natural resources with special reference to its soil, forest, water, and power. The period from 1857 to 1949 will be considered for setting a question on the History of Tripura. There will be questions on different Tribes, Languages, Customs, Festivals, Important Historical sites, etc.
Indian Polity and Economy: –
- Indian Polity and Economy will test the knowledge of the candidates in Country’s Political system and Constitution of India, Panchayati Raj, Community development, Economic development during Plan periods.
General Science and Environment: –
- Questions on General Science and Environment will cover general appreciation and understanding of science and environment including matters of everyday observation and experience along with general awareness of Information & Communication Technology as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline.
General Mental Ability: –
- On General Mental Ability questions will be set on logical perception, understanding, natural conclusion, etc.
Numerical Ability: –
- Questions on Numerical Ability will be similar to that the Compulsory Mathematics paper at the Madhyamik Examination of Tripura Board of Secondary Education.