SSC SI & ASI Eligibility Criteria 2020: Central Police Organization has Published Notification For SI & ASI Vacancy. Staff Selection Commission And Central police Organisation has Set Minimum Criteria. Those Candidates Can Apply and Selection who have Eligible for Post. To know About Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs, Sub-Inspector (Executive)-(Male/Female) in Delhi Police, Assistant Sub-Inspector (Executive) in CISF Examination Eligibility Details are given in this Page below.
SSC SI & ASI Eligibility Criteria 2020 Details
A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories Nepal and Bhutan above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary will be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
SSC SI & ASI Age Limit:
- The age limit of the candidates should be from 20 to 25 years as on 01.01.202
Category Wise Age Relaxing Details
|Category||Age Relaxing in Years|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Ex-servicemen (ESM)||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date|
|For the posts of SI and ASI in CAPFs only|
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||5 years|
|For ASI in CISF only|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date||Up to 40 years of age|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees (SC/ ST) who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date||Up to 45 years of age|
|Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not re-married.||Up to 35 years of age|
|Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not re-married. (SC/ ST)||Up to 40 years of age|
|For Departmental candidates of Delhi Police against vacancies in Delhi Police only|
|Departmental Candidates (Unreserved) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date||Up to 30 years of age|
|Departmental Candidates (OBC) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.||Up to 33 years of age|
|Departmental Candidates (SC/ ST) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.||Up to 35 years of age|
SSC SI & ASI Education Qualification:
- Educational Qualification for all posts is a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
- For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police only: Male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Measurement Tests. However, the candidates who do not have a Valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) are eligible for all other posts in CAPFs.
- All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission in Computer Base Examination will be required to produce all relevant Certificates in original such as Mark sheets/ Provisional Degree/ Diploma Certificate as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01-01-2020 failing which the candidature of such candidates will be canceled by the Commission.
- The candidates who are able to prove by documentary evidence that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/ she has been declared passed will also be considered to have the required Educational Qualification.
Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET):
|SSC SI ASI Eligibility Criteria For Physical Standard Test (for all Posts)|
|Category of candidates||Height|
|Chest (in cm) Unexpanded||Chest (in cm) Expanded|
|For male candidates only (UR)||170||80||85|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim.||165||80||85|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|For Female candidates only (UR)||157||–||–|
|For female candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|For all female candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||154||–||–|
- Weight: Corresponding to height (for all posts).
- There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for Female candidates.
- Relaxation in height and chest ( as the case may be ) as mentioned above will be permissible only on production of certificate in the proforma as prescribed.
SSC SI ASI Eligibility Criteria for Physical Endurance Test (PET) (For all posts):
For male candidates only:
- 100-meter race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 km race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 meters in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 meters in 3 chance
For female candidates only:
- 100-meter race in 18 seconds
- 800-meter race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 meters in 3 chances.
SSC SI & ASI Medical standard (For all posts):
- Medical Examination All the candidates who qualify in Paper-II will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary.
- Candidates, who are found to be unfit, will be informed of the position and they can make an appeal before Review Medical Board within the prescribed time limit of 15 days. Decision of Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be final and no appeal/ representation against the decision of the Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be entertained.
- Eyesight: The minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye). The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye) of both eyes without any correction like wearing glasses or surgery of any kind to improve
visual acuity. In a right-handed person, the right eye is a better eye and vice versa.
- The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high color vision.
- They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
Tattoo: Tattoos will be allowed as per the following stipulations only:
- Content: Tattoo depicting religious symbols or figures and the name, as followed in the Indian Army are permitted.
- Location: Tattoos marked on traditional sites of the body like inner aspect of forearm but only left forearm, being non-saluting limb or dorsum of the hands will be allowed.
- Size: Size must be less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.
Finally selected candidates for the posts of Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector would, as part of training curriculum, have to pass seven obstacle events as mentioned below, failing which they may not be retained in the Force:
- Jumping over the Vertical Board.
- Holding the rope on jumping from the Board.
- Tarzan Swing.
- Jumping on the Horizontal Board.
- Parallel Rope.
- Monkey Crawl
- Vertical Rope.