NDA Eligibility Criteria 2020: The Union Public Service Commission conducts the National Defence Academy Exam. Applicants Can Check Here NDA Eligibility Criteria Before Apply NDA Exam. The eligibility details Like Nationality, Education Qualification, Age Limits, physical standard, etc. Are Given Below on this Page.
Details of NDA Eligibility Criteria 2020
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with
the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam to permanently settle in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii) and (iv) above shall be a person in whose favor the Government of India has issued a certificate of eligibility.
- Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Candidates born not earlier than 02nd January 2002 and not later than 1st January 2005 are eligible.
Sex and Marital Status
- Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to Apply For NDA Exam.
For Army Wing of National Defence Academy:
- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy:
- 12th Class pass with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (II), 2020.
Candidates are also advised to rectify minor defects/ailments to speed up the finalization of a medical examination conducted at the Military Hospital after being recommended at the SSB.
Few of such commonly found defects/ailments are listed below:
- Wax (Ears)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Under Sized Chest
- A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers.
- Only those candidates will be admitted to the academy who are declared fit by the Medical Board.
- The proceedings of the Medical Board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone. However, the candidates declared unfit will be intimated by the President of the Medical Board, and the procedure for request for an Appeal Medical Board will also be intimated to the candidate.
UPSC NDA & NA – II Recruitment 2020: Apply Online
Official Website: Check Here