Job title: Lead QA Engineer
Job description: About Neighborly
Neighborly is a local network of home service brands that will connect you to very specific vetted local experts. Our family of service professionals work with rigorous quality standards to repair, maintain, and enhance your home. With pros living in your community, scheduling is quick and convenient.
Neighborly is a holding company of 22 service brands, focused on repairing, maintaining and enhancing consumers homes and businesses. The company operates online platforms that connect consumers to service providers in their local communities that meet their rigorous standards as a franchisor across 14 service categories at www.getneighborly.com in the United States and www.getneighbourly.ca in Canada. The company was founded in 1981 as Dwyer Group with its world headquarters in Waco, Texas. More information about Neighborly/Neighbourly, and its franchise concepts, is available at www.NeighborlyBrands.com and www.nbly.co.uk.
Neighborly is an active member in the International Franchise Association (IFA), Canadian Franchise Association (CFA), British Franchise Association (BFA) and German Franchise Association and is a founding company of the Veterans Transition Franchise Initiative (VetFran).
The Neighborly IT Team is focused on achieving great outcomes and is committed to helping our associates succeed through technology driven solutions. We are seeking an experienced IT professional to join our team. The qualified candidate will provide skills and knowledge in software testing to maintain and enhance complex applications and systems utilizing approved testing methods (both manual and automated) and technologies while adhering to Neighborly standards and practices. The candidate should have strong knowledge and experience developing test automation tools.
The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer will be responsible for managing the testing of development work across Neighborly applications. This is a hands-on role that includes overseeing the planning, coordination, review, and reporting of all testing activities for assigned areas.
Working with the development teams, they will be an advocate for quality and testability – ensuring that the team is kept informed of test progress and overall quality of deliverables – escalating test blockers through the appropriate channels.
This role would ideally suit someone with previous experience working in a continuous delivery environment with an ability to implement quality metrics in order to identify and resolve bottlenecks in the delivery process.
- Developing automated testcases using test automation tools such as Cypress.io, Cucumber, and Karate
- Ensure that testability and quality are embedded throughout the software development lifecycle
- Work with product owners on defining acceptance criteria and ensuring that these are accurately and efficiently tested for
- Maintain metrics relating to test coverage and defects, seek paths to increase the former and decrease the latter
- Scheduling required 3rd party test resources
- Ensure testing is cost and time efficient by establishing a continuous feedback loop for improvements, increasing coverage where required and cutting wasted effort wherever possible
- Pro-actively contribute to strategy of improving overall delivery
- Investigate techniques such as CI, TDD/BDD, automated testing – identifying and implementing where these would provide the greatest ROI
- Define test reports and templates that are both comprehensive and clear
- Develop and implement automated test solutions using Neighborly standards.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining custom software using Neighborly standard coding practices and techniques
- Responsible for ensuring tasks assigned are completed in a timely manner
- Fosters an environment of communication and problem solving, leveraging the Neighborly Code of Values.
- Assists the team in researching solutions and recommends solutions to meet business requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality of personal information.
- Interface with others in a professional manner and be a trusted go to person.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Required Attributes:
- Experience of working in a continuous delivery model
- Significant experience developing automated test cases using tools like Cypress.io, Selenium, Karate, Cucumber or equivalent
- Significant experience within a testing role to include at least 9+ years of software testing experience
- Experience of test planning, test estimation, risk analysis and test case design
- Experience in monitoring and reporting test progress and tracking/analysis of defect trends
- Experience of test requirement identification, tracking and analysis
- Ability to determine and dictate relevant test types, methods and approaches (e.g. appropriate uses of automation)
- Good team leadership and people skills
- Excellent working knowledge of test methodologies and development approaches such as Kanban and Waterfall
- Experience working with offshore testing resource / resource centers in a service delivery model
- Candidate must be customer focused, goal oriented, and have a passion for success
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge and experience in common API technologies including SOAP and REST.
- Able to understand and utilize JSON and XML.
- Experience and proven ability to communicate (verbally and written) effectively with business and IT stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Web application automation using Cypress
- API Automation using Karate
- Performance testing using Gatling & Karate
- Mobile App automation testing using Appium
- Browser Compatibility testing using BrowserStack
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 9+ years of proven work experience
Neighborlyis fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 07:43:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!