GEMI Syllabus For Assistant Environmental Engineer, Clerk cum Typist, Deputy Superintendent & Other Posts
GEMI Recruitment 2020
|Job Recruitment Board||Gujarat Environment Management Institute|
|Job Type||State Govt Jobs|
GEMI Syllabus For Clerk cum Typist, Assistant Environmental Engineer & Other Posts
GEMI Syllabus 2020 For Assistant Environmental Engineer, Senior Scientific Assistant, Deputy Superintendent, Clerk cum Typist posts. Recently Gujarat Environment Management Institute Published Notification For Various Vacancy. Important things For Applied Applicants to Clear GEMI Exam. On this Page, We Are Mentioned Full Syllabus For GEMI Jobs.
GEMI Assistant Environmental Engineer Exam Pattern
|Environmental Chemistry, Principles of Physical Chemistry, Environmental quality measurement laboratory||15 Marks|
|Physico-chemical process for water and wastewater|
|Solid and hazardous waste management||10 Marks|
|Air quality management||10 Marks|
|Ground Water Contamination & Pollution Transport||5 Marks|
|Environmental impact assessment||10 Marks|
|International Conventions on environment||5 Marks|
|Environmental Legislation and Management System, Water (P & Cp) Act, 1974, Air (P & Cp) Act, 1981, Environment (Protection) Act 1986||10 Marks|
|Reasoning and Logic, Basic Mathematics||5 Marks|
|General Knowledge question on State||15 Marks|
GEMI Assistant Environmental Engineer Syllabus 2020
- Beer – Lambert’s Law – Limitations – UV visible spectroscopy – basic principles – application – Atomic absorption spectroscopy – Principles – applications Gas chromatograph – Principles and applications, distribution of microorganisms— Water, Air and Soil, Indicator organisms, coliforms—fecal coliforms, E. coli, Streptococcus, Clostridium,
Ecotoxicology—toxicants and toxicity, factors influencing toxicity, effects—acute, chronic, bio concentration, bioaccumulation, bio magnification, bioassay, bio monitoring.
Principles of Physical Chemistry:
- Reversible reactions, equilibrium constant, Le-Chatelier principle. Reaction rate Order and molecularity, kinetic equations of different orders, reversible and consecutive reactions. Catalysis-type, characteristics, activation energy, mechanism of catalyst action, acid base catalysts. Photo catalysis. Adsorption-classification, adsorption of gases on solids, adsorption from solutions, ion exchange adsorption, applications, Longmuir theory.
Environmental quality measurement laboratory:
- Physical and chemical characteristics of water – pH, Electrical conductivity, Turbidity, Alkalinity, Acidity, Hardness, Sulphates, Fluorides, Nitrates. Analysis of solids content of water: Total solids, suspended solids, volatile solids, non-volatile solids, Residual chlorine analysis, Optimum coagulant dose, Breakpoint Chlorination. Concept of dissolved oxygen, BOD and COD – Ambient air quality Analysis: Determination of SPM, CO, NOx and SOx. Soil Analysis: pH, Conductivity, Cation exchange capacity, Sodium Adsorption ratio.
Physico-chemical process for water and wastewater treatment:
- Water Quality-Physical, chemical and biological parameters of water- Water Quality requirement – Potable water standards -Wastewater Effluent standards -Water quality indices. Water purification systems in natural systems-Physical processes-chemical processes and biological processes Primary, Secondary and tertiary treatment-Unit operations-unit processes.
Mixing, Clarification – Sedimentation; Types; Aeration and gas transfer – Coagulation and flocculation, coagulation processes – stability of colloids – destabilization of colloid transport of colloidal particles, Clariflocculation. Adsorption, adsorption equilibria- adsorption isotherms, Disinfection – chlorine dioxide; chloramines; ozonation; UV radiation Exchange-processes, Application Membrane Processes, Reverse osmosis, Ultrafiltration, Electrodyalisis.
Solid and hazardous waste management:
- Types and Sources of solid and hazardous wastes – Need for solid and hazardous waste management – Legislations on management and handling of municipal solid wastes, hazardous wastes, and biomedical wastes. Handling and segregation of wastes at source – storage and collection of municipal solid wastes – Analysis of Collection systems – Need for transfer and transport – Transfer stations – labelling and handling of hazardous wastes.
Air quality management:
- Air pollutants – Sources and classification of pollutants and their effect on human health vegetation and property- Effects – Reactions of pollutants and their effects-Smoke, smog and ozone layer disturbance – Greenhouse effect – Ambient and stack sampling. Atmospheric diffusion of pollutants – Transport, transformation and deposition of air contaminants – Air sampling & pollution measurement methods – Ambient air quality and emission standards – Air pollution indices.
Ground Water Contamination & Pollution Transport:
- Introduction: Groundwater and the hydrologic cycles, Ground Water as a resource, Ground Water contamination, Groundwater as a Geotechnical problem, Groundwater and geologic processes, Physical properties and principles, Darcy’s Law, Hydraulic Head and Fluid Potential Piezometer and Nests, Hydraulic conductivity and permeability.
Environmental impact assessment:
- Evolution of EIA – Concepts – Methodologies – Screening – Scoping – Base line studies – Mitigation – Matrices – Checklist. Rapid and Comprehensive EIA – Legislative and Environmental clearance procedures in India – Prediction tools for EIA. Assessment of impacts – Air – Water – Soil – Noise – Biological. Socio-cultural environment – Public participation – resettlement and rehabilitation.
International Conventions on the environment – Stockholm, Rio – 1992, Johannesburg, Rio – 2012; Montreal Protocol, Kyoto Protocol
Environmental Legislation and Management System:
- Introduction: Indian Constitution and Environmental Protection – National Environmental policies – Precautionary Principle and Polluter Pays Principle – Concept of absolute liability – multilateral environmental agreements and Protocols – Montreal Protocol, Kyoto agreement, Rio declaration – Environmental Protection Act, Water (P&CP) Act, Air (P&CP) Act – Institutional framework (SPCB/CPCB/MOEF)
Water (P & Cp) Act, 1974:
- Power & functions of regulatory agencies – responsibilities of Occupier, Provision relating to prevention and control, Scheme of Consent to establish, Consent to operate – Conditions of the consents – Outlet – Legal sampling procedures, State Water Laboratory – Appellate Authority – Penalties for violation of consent conditions etc. Provisions for closure/directions in apprehended pollution situation.
Air (P & Cp) Act, 1981:
- Power & functions of regulatory agencies – responsibilities of Occupier, Provision relating to prevention and control, Scheme of Consent to Establish, Consent to operate – Conditions of the consents – Outlet – Legal sampling procedures, State Air Laboratory – Appellate Authority – Penalties for violation of consent conditions etc. Provisions for closure/directions in apprehended pollution situation. Environment (Protection) Act 1986: Genesis of the Act – delegation of powers – Role of Central Government – EIA Notification – Sitting of Industries – Coastal Zone Regulation – Responsibilities of local bodies mitigation scheme etc., for Municipal Solid Waste Management – Responsibilities of Pollution Control Boards under Hazardous Waste rules and that of occupier, authorization – Biomedical waste rules – responsibilities of generators and role of Pollution Control Boards Basic Knowledge of Industrial Safety.
Reasoning and Logic, Basic Mathematics
General Knowledge question on State, National and International issues. Current Events including Politics, Sports, Culture, Literature, Awards, Films, Science, Space Research, Current News, Finance, Budget.
GEMI Senior Scientific Assistant Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2020
|Method for Preservation and Analysis of Water and Wastewater for Temperature, pH, Color, Specific Conductance, Turbidity, Alkalinity, Total Solids, Total Dissolved Solids, Total Suspended Solids, Oil and Grease, Dissolved Oxygen, Biochemical Oxygen Demand, Calcium, Magnesium and Total Hardness, Sodium and Potassium, Fluoride, Ammoniacal Nitrogen, Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen, Heavy Metals||20 Marks|
|Use, Calibration and Principle of Laminar Air Flow, Incubators, pH Meter, Conductivity Meter, UV Visible Spectrophotometer, Flame Photometer, Gas Chromatograph||15 Marks|
|Toxicity for Fish, Toxicity Factor, Bioassay Test on Fish||5 Marks|
|Washing and Sterilization, Inoculation Techniques, Incubation, Multiple Tube Fermentation Technique for members of the coliform group, Membrane Filter Technique for members of Coliform group||5 Marks|
|Quality Control, Quality Assurance and safety measures in Laboratory. Measurement Uncertainty, Z Score, National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL), Good Laboratory Practices, Preparation of Analysis Report||10 Marks|
|Ambient Air Quality Monitoring – Criteria Parameters NOX, SOX, PM2.5, PM10||10 Marks|
|Soil Parameters pH, Conductivity, Carbonate, Bicarbonate, Organic Carbon, Sodium, Potash, Phosphorus and Heavy Metals||5 Marks|
|Acid Rain, Global Warming, Ozone Depletion, Green House Gases and Oil Spills||5 Marks|
|Basic concepts of the National Environment Policy – 2006, Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974, Air (prevention and control of pollution) act, 1981 and Environment Protection Act 1986||5 Marks|
|Reasoning and Logic, Basic Mathematics||5 Marks|
|General Knowledge question on State and National issues. Current Events including Politics, Sports, Culture, Literature, Awards, Films, Science, Space Research, Current News, Finance, Budget. Basic question on Constitution of India||15 Marks|
GEMI Deputy Superintendent Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2020
GEMI Clerk cum Typist Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2020
GEMI Syllabus 2020 For Clerk cum Typist, Assistant Environmental Engineer & Other Posts Download PDF
For All Posts:
- There shall be negative marking. For each incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted from the candidates’ total marks. No negative marks will be awarded if the “E” option is selected.
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Official Website||Check Here|
|Get Free Govt Job Alert On Mobile||Telegram | Facebook | Email|