Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur has Released the GATE 2022 Brochure. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2022 Notification has Published on the Official Website. We Are Mentioned Every Detail of GATE 2022.
Highlights of GATE 2022
- Dates of examination: Saturday 5th, Sunday 6th, Saturday 12th, and Sunday 13th February 2022. There are two sessions (forenoon and afternoon) each day.
- Fully Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Two NEW subject papers are introduced:
- i. Geomatics Engineering (GE)
- ii. Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NM)
- The total number of subject papers: 29.
- All Test Papers of GATE 2022 examinations will be entire of objective type. The pattern of questions will include some Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), while the remaining questions may include Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- ONE or TWO subject papers allowed. TWO Paper combinations have to be chosen from the given list of combinations of papers. The final allotment of TWO papers will still be subject to the availability of infrastructure and dates.
- Eligibility criteria: A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government-approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible to appear for GATE 2022 examination.
- There is NO age limit to appear for the GATE 2022 examination.
- Applications will be accepted ONLINE only through GATE 2022 website (https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in). Even if a candidate is appearing for TWO papers, the candidate should fill in ONLY ONE application form.
- GATE 2022 scorecard will remain valid for THREE years from the date of announcement of results.
- Depending on the COVID-19 situation, the schedule of the GATE 2022 examination may change.
- Details are available at the official website: https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in
- Organising Institute: Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IITKGP).
|Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application with Late Fee
|Last Date for change of Category /Exam City / paper (an additional fee will be applicable)||12-11-2021|
|Date for Admit Cards Available on Website||03-01-2022|
|Date of GATE Exam
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
|05 / 06 / 12 / 13 – 02-2022|
|Date of Announcement of Results on Online Application Portal||17-03-2022|
Eligibility Criteria of GATE 2022
- A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government-approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible for appearing in the GATE 2022 exam.
GATE 2022 Papers
- GATE 2022 will be conducted on 29 subjects (papers).
- A candidate is allowed to appear in ANYONE or UP TO TWO papers of the GATE examination. However, note that the combination of TWO papers in which a candidate can appear MUST be from the pre-defined list as given in Below Table.
- Also note that for a paper running in multiple sessions, a candidate will be mapped to appear for the examination in one of the sessions ONLY.
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Environmental Science & Engineering||ES|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering||NM|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Humanities & Social Sciences||XH**|
GATE 2022 Pattern of Examination
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Number of Subjects (Papers)||29|
|Sections||General Aptitude (GA) +
Candidate’s Selected Subject
|Type of Questions||(a) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
(b) Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or
Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions
|Questions for testing these abilities||Recall
Analysis & Synthesis
|Number of Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (subject) = 65 Questions|
|Distribution of Marks in all Papers
EXCEPT papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH,
XH and XL
|General Aptitude: 15 Marks +
Engineering Mathematics: 13 Marks +
Subject Questions: 72 Marks =
Total: 100 Marks
|Distribution of Marks in papers AR, CY,
EY, GG, MA, PH, XH and XL
|General Aptitude: 15 Marks +
Subject Questions: 85 Marks =
Total: 100 Marks
|Marking Scheme||Questions carry 1 mark and 2 mark|
|Negative Marking||For a wrong answer chosen in a MCQ, there will
be negative marking. For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark
will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise,
for 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Female||Rs. 750/-|
|Other Categories||Rs. 1500/-|
|During the Extended Period (25-09 to 01-10-2021)|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Female||Rs. 1250/-|
|Other Categories||Rs. 2000/-|
|Payment Mode||Online Only|
GATE 2022 Application Process
- The Candidates Should Visit Official Website @https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/
- Next, Find & Download the Advertisement and Check Eligibility Criteria Very Carefully.
- Select the Desired Post from Online Application Section and Click on the Apply Now Button.
- Fill Registration Along with Some Basic Information Like Name, Date of Birth, Caste, Etc. With Registered Mobile Number and Email.
- Pay Application Fee Through Online.
- Then Upload Photo, Sign & Photo Identity Card.
- Last, Submit the Application Form & Download or Take a Printout For Future Use.
Note: The Applicants Are Requested to Read the Official Notification Carefully Before Apply.
|Apply Online||Click Here (30-08-2021)|
|Other Info||Check Here|
|Official Website||Check Here|
|Get Free Govt Job Alert On Mobile||Telegram | Facebook | Email|
- 26146 Posts SSC Constable GD Recruitment 2023: Apply Now for Vacancies in BSF, CISF, ITBP, CRPF,
- MHA Intelligence Bureau IB ACIO II / Executive Recruitment 2023: Apply Online for 995 ACIO II / Exe Posts
- SBI Clerk Junior Associates Online Form 2023 | SBI Clerk Online 2023
- Railway NCR RRC Prayagraj Various Trade Apprentices 2023 Apply Online for 1664 Post
- Senior Lead Cloud Software Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer in Test
- Panviva – Senior Software Engineer I (Front End)
- Software Engineer
- Lead QA Engineer
- Senior Data Engineer
- RGUKT Recruitment 2023 – Regular Faculty Positions 220 vacancies
- WCD Recruitment 2023: Apply for 10,400 Anganwadi Vacancies; Check Eligibility and Application Link Here
- ssc exam calendar for 2024 Released
- Indian Railway NER RRC Gorakhpur Junior Technical Associate JTA Recruitment 2023 Apply Online for 37 Posts
- Bihar Police BPSSC Sub Inspector Recruitment 2023 Apply Online for 1275 SI Post
- 6750+ Gujarat Home Guard Bharti 2023 Application Form @homeguards.gujarat.gov.in
- Bihar Police BPSSC Sub Inspector Recruitment 2023 Released
- Rajasthan RPSC Junior Legal Officer (JLO) Recruitment 2023: Admit Card and Exam Details
- Indian Oil IOCL Apprentices Recruitment 2023 Apply Online for 1720 Post
- Mid Day Meal Gujarat Login – MDM.Gujarat.gov.in Portal
|Jobs by Qualification|
|10th Pass||12th Pass||B.Com|
|Engineering Jobs||PG Diploma||Post Graduation|